Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Bow Down to Mutha-Na-Chah

So I've been trying to track down the radar map from July 10th, 2008 to compare the photos I took to provide some perspective. These were taken from my deck using my Nikon D40 and my 18-55 lens. This storm was crazy looking, crazy fast (only lasted about an hour or so) and crazy cool...

Here are the photos:




Here is the only radar picture I've been able to trackdown, the storm was a little more defined (it looked like a up-side-down/side-ways 'U') this image shows the storm shortly after is left the Chicago area...


While I was searching for this radar image, I did stumble upon THIS video on YouTube. It's 2 dudes somewhere in the Chicago Suburbs commenting on this storm. The commentary is pretty funny...

Anyway, I hope you enjoy the photos...

No comments: