Sunday, April 27, 2008

The image “http://www.ubuntu.com/themes/ubuntu07/images/ubuntulogo.png” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.

Ubuntu 8.04 has been released... I am planning on upgrading my system in the next few weeks. There are a couple of things I need to address first before I make the move:

  • Backup My Files
  • Inventory Applications (mainly how did I install them)
    • AWN
    • Wine
    • etc...
  • Inventory system changes/upgrades (I have a D630 so I need to address the issues with this laptop
    • WiFi (my laptop needs upgraded wireless drivers)
    • Audio (this does not work out of the box with a new install)
    • Video (it's been a while, but to get AWN & Desktop effects working correctly, I needed to update the system and the xorg.conf)
I am planning on doing an upgrade to my system, all though in the past I have always ran into issues and wound up wiping everything and performing a clean install. So, if anyone is really reading this (which I'm sure they are not) check back soon and check on my progress.

No comments: